Spinner Dolphin

Thursday May 23, 2013

Spinner dolphin 2010 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill female, 63.5 kg

Swimming

All Around Me
My Pod
Calves Skimming
Ahead
Many
Jumping
Leaping
Twisting
For Joy
Our
Trademark
Specialty
What we are
Known for
Shimmering
Bodies
Gray White
Shine
Splashes
Clicks
Happiness
Calves
Everywhere
Learning
A New Day
Hope
But I see
A Ship
Big
Looming
Far Off
We Stay
Away
For
Fear
Boats
Death
Hit
Death
So we
Travel
A Safe
Distance
From the
Boat
Still in
Sight
Everything
Is Normal
But the
Boat starts
Making Weird
Noise
Something
Wrong
Very
Wrong
And It
Shouts
BOOM
Orange
Light the
Sky
What
Happened
We
Flee
Danger
Danger
Calves
Must
Catch
Up
With Us
Swim
Swim
Don’t
Look Back
But I do
Rolling
Sticky
Foul
Liquid
Tar
Rushing
Towards Us
Closer
Closer
The Old Ones
Slowing Down
Caught
Unable to
Move
Escape
Gone
Swallowed by
The Mass
of Tar
of Oil
I Swim
The Calves
Strong
Supported
Pushed
Tar still
Coming
Dolphin
Next to Me
Cough
Choke
Why
Cough
Choke
Stop
Swimming
Gone
Swallowed
Gone
Still
Coughing and
Choking
Scared
Scared
Swim
Swim
Calves
Whimpering
I am
Not a Mother
Yet my
Heart
Breaks
So Young
Tragedy
Already
One by one
Pod gets
Smaller
Smaller
Weaker
Weaker
Pushing my
Flippers
Slower
Tar Seeping
Through
Pod
Can’t
Move
Flippers
Stuck
Don’t open
Mouth
Help
No Cries
Tar will
Go In
my Mouth
I let
Go
Let the
Tar Consume
Me
Gone

 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment